Wow...Wow...Wow! Ancient Civilizations Journey is dynamic! We have such a lovely balance of building, creating, exploring, and researching- it's a blast! The caliber of clean-up "mess" after Journey is the perfect sign of how well this Journey is going! Please stop in and see all the hard work.
- Lost City of Atlantis
- Diorama of Pyramids
- First Castle
- Greek Play into an I-Movie
- Egyptian Afterlife and Egyptian Social Ladder
- Egyptian Cooking (Ani has a list of ingredients she needs for her curry on the mudroom door, can you help her out? Thanks!)
- Celtic Roundhouse
- Egyptian Mudhouse
- Mummification Process
- Making Platonic Bodies
- Pythagorean triangle addition
- Anubis Drawings
- Sweet Pyramid Challenge (math focus)
- King Tut Movie
Recess this week the students have shaped the snow piles lining the driveways into a Kingdom, and they have created an original game called Castle, complete with a King, Queen, Knights, servants, and more! This is played at each recess and is looked forward to each day!
Free Choice this week incuded:
- Science with Mary Jo involved duct taping your child(ren) to the kitchen table vertically!!
- OSE w/ a creative writing activity at M-Zo
- Skiing at Ski Hearth Farm
- Abby & Faustine's I-Movie
- Share (kittens!)